[pmmail-list] Spam filtering - popfile et al

Oberon pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 07:28:40 -0600

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 14:20:28 +0100, Markus Baertschi wrote:

>Maynard,
>
>I've been runing a rbl based spam tool (spampal) for a year and moved
>on to popfile afterwards and don't look back. I have almost no spam
>popping up in my mailbox anymore and get a real message tagged as spam
>about once a month.
>The rbl filter caught 1/3 of the spam and had more 'real' mails tagged
>as spam also. I also think that many rbl operators are quite trigger
>happy - Block first and check later.
>
>I'm *very* happy with popfile.

As am I.  As you said,

>Spam is not about content. The same
>content may be spam to you and joy to another.

The prime advantage of POPFile is that it learns what YOU consider to be
spam, and acts accordingly.

--
A face without freckles is like a night without stars.
Robert Potts                 ARS KM0M                         Waverly, Iowa