[pmmail-list] Spam filtering - popfile et al

Maynard Riley pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 08:27:36 -0600 (CST)

It's nice to hear from happy spam-beaters using popfile. Thanks.

Dave, in response to your question about DNSBL checking sources, I'm
currently using all of the following, with the idea that some day I'll
analyze the logs and trim the list. For most of last year however, I
used only bl.spamcop.net quite happily.

The thing about checking old emails with current DNSBLs is that the
listing may have expired; i.e. at the time of the spam run the IPs may
have been listed; but by now they are delisted. Each list is operated
differently of course. The mother of all DNSBLs is at
http://moensted.dk/spam/

  blacklist.1 = "bl.spamcop.net"
  blacklist.2 = "cn-kr.blackholes.us"
  blacklist.3 = "proxy.relays.osirusoft.com"
  blacklist.4 = "opm.blitzed.org"
  blacklist.5 = "dnsbl.sorbs.net"
  blacklist.6 = "proxies.relays.monkeys.com"
  blacklist.7 = "sbl.spamhaus.org"
  blacklist.8 = "relays.ordb.org"
  blacklist.9 = "taiwan.blackholes.us"

-- Maynard