[pmmail-list] Bouncing to multiple addresses via filter

Walter F. Metcalf pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 02 May 2003 12:16:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 01 May 2003 21:00:08 +0200 (MES), L.Willms wrote:

>On Thu, 01 May 2003 14:47:58 -0400 (EDT), Randy Fowler wrote:
>
>> I have a filter that bounces certain messages to three other
>employees.
>

>> Under Edit Filter, Actions section: is there a way to specify more
>than
>> one email address in the field for "Bounce message" ??
>
>  I guess not, but you could create a GROUP of the three addresses and
>bounce the message to the GROUP, which should result in expanding into
>the three addresses which are members of that GROUP.

That is similar to what I do to announce the Warpdoctor meetings.  I
have a created a separate address book for the addresses I want to send
the announcements to.  Then I use the Edit Filter Action "Distribute to
Address Book" and specify the above address book as the target.  It
works great, and is very reliable.

It takes very little time to send, so I don't think it would be a
problem with a dial-up connection.  I have cable, so I can't say for
sure.

Tip:  There is nothing to prevent some or all of the addresses in the
address book from being the addresses of mail lists (e.g.
pmmail-list@blueprintsoftware.com).  In that case you can get a two
dimensional "explosion" of your messages. :-)

HTH,

Walter

Walter F. Metcalf

V.O.I.C.E. President