[pmmail-list] The rat's leaving the ship...

Wayne Dunham pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 02 May 2003 19:56:12 -0400

On Fri, 02 May 2003 15:16:50 -0400, Ralph Cohen wrote:

>That's pretty stupid.  IMHO, any organization that would block email
>based upon the the name of a legitimate email client listed in the
>x-mailer line in the header is exhibiting gross ignorance or laziness
>or both.

  Or like SNET (Baby Bell here in the CT area) which for a while was
blocking anything originating with an @email.com address.  Now I know
that they (email.com) give out free addresses and they get used a lot
by spammers, but I PAY for my email.com address to get the
autoforwarding capability.

  I fired off an email to them on their website.  Not sure if my email
had anything to do with it, but they stopped blocking within a few
days.

  I use the email.com address as my address I give out in my reply to
line.  That way whenever I change ISP's I don't have to change my email
address in 487 places, just email.com and have it forward to my new
ISP.
  When I originally signed up at email.com the autoforwarding was part
of the free package, but now it's $9.95 per year. :(

     Wayne Dunham
     waynedunham@email.com