[pmmail-list] possible virus with version 2711

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 02 May 2003 23:43:39 -0700

Hi all, don't know if this means anything, but tonight when I was doing
my Norton weekly scan, it detected 3 items, all connected with pm mail,
and to my knowledge, I've not gotten any virus's, because I had no
attachments recently come in, but it said they were all messages in pm
mail, and Norton never caught a virus before with any of my messages in
pm mail, so, wonder, not, actually saying, but wonder if 2711 for
windows might have the something 32 virus?  It said something about
mauler, in all of the descriptions in quarranteened items I was
reading, but I deleted them all.  Also, I reverted back to version
2696, as it seems to respond faster, and want to know, if anybody else
using Norton, with the default, of ask me what to do regarding a virus,
after executing the action, is knocked off the smtp server while
downloading mail?  This virus scared me tonight, but at least I got rid
of it, but I have Norton 2001 automatically delete the offending
attachment, so, just wondering, if anybody else has run in to virus
messages with 2711 for windows?
Marty