[pmmail-list] The rat's leaving the ship...

Marc Lewis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
06 May 2003 14:28:44 -0600

Hello all.

<On 02May2003 09:15 Gnter Minnerup wrote a message regarding
[pmmail-list]  The rat's leaving the ship... >

 ?> After much thought and hesitation, I'm abandoning PMMail and
 ?> have just migrated my message base to The Bat!
 [snip]
 ?> There were many things I liked about PMM, but most of these
 ?> are now standard in just about every email client. Two years
 ?> or so ago, I researched the field and PMM won out. Now
 ?> almost everything else is light years ahead. You can't
 ?> afford to stand still, and PMM has stood still for too
 ?> long...

I'll have to agree with you Gnter.  PMMail (and BluePrint
Software Works) is a dead duck.  Won't be long, I'm sure, till we
find that the company has gone "belly up".  It is a ROYAL pain
in the tail getting stuck with AbandonWare like PMMail.  No
support whatsoever and, worse yet, no ongoing development.  I'll
have to try and find a cross-platform mail client now... And
again, buy 2 licenses.  And, I'll be willing to bet that even
after they're closed and gone, the retailers will continue
generating keys and taking money, much like the infamous author
and agents of the BBS mail program "Blue Wave".

Best regards,
Marc
-=- timEd/2 1.10.y2k+