[pmmail-list] The rat's leaving the ship...

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 08 May 2003 13:03:07 -0400

On Thu, 8 May 2003 18:26:25 +0200 (CEST), Hayo Baan wrote:

>Guess what?  I found that Mozilla mail can be made to behave as I like it, and
>in fact offers me much more.  Amongst others, the really superb junk filter;
>after a few days 'training' it manages to filter all (>98%) my junk correctly!
>It is furthermore an actively developed product AND it runs on multiple
>platforms.  My OS/2 and Windows XP version even share the exact same profile,
>resulting in exactly the same look and feel on both platforms :-)

You may want to keep an eye on the Thunderbird email client from the
same folks that brought you Mozilla.  Here's a brief description from
the Thunderbird website (http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/):

------
Thunderbird - The New Mail Client from Mozilla

Thunderbird is a free, open-source and cross-platform mail client and
news reader for most modern operating systems including, but not
limited to, Windows, Linux and Macintosh. It offers some advantages
over other mail clients, including junk mail classification. Built from
Mozilla code, Thunderbird uses Gecko, the most standards-compliant
rendering engine in existence.
------

You may also want to check out the Mozilla Firebird cross platform
browser-only browser. (http://texturizer.net/firebird/),  I've been
using it for a while and have been extremely impressed with its speed
and agility.

Ralph Cohen