[pmmail-list] The rat's leaving the ship...

Paul Hodges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 08 May 2003 21:32:40 +0100

On Thu, 08 May 2003 13:26:49 +0700, Jeffrey Race wrote:

>  what would one put in a new rev and what would that
>  do for one?

* Up-to-date character set support (iso-8859-15 and Unicode - it's on
the point of getting embarrassing;

* Disposition notification (standardised at last);

* Handle more MIME types smoothly (inline);

* The ability to move messages to other accounts in filtering;

* The ability to test and branch in filtering (like in Pegasus Mail);

* Persona handling, so that reply address and signature can be link
to the addressee, or the folder (like in Polarbar Mailer);

* Built-in Bayesian filtering (like Polarbar and Mozilla);

That's just off the top of my head.  And yet without these I still
haven't found another client that's better /for/ /me/. (Oh, and HTML?
;-)  )

Paul Hodges
QBS Software Ltd