[pmmail-list] The rat's leaving the ship....

Phil Kane pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 10 May 2003 08:14:48 -0700 (PDT)

>Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 13:17:10 -0500
>From: ftnx@ksbase.com (Kari Suomela)

> BM> From my perspective if people send me HTML-only mail they won't be
> BM> able to tell the difference between that and /dev/null.....

>Many of them are customers, who are bound by their ridiculous company
>policies, and have to use whatever they are given. I can't start
>ignoring customers only because they send HTML messages.

  I am an attorney whose "boutique" practice consists of
  consultations in a very narrow field where I can - and do -
  pick and choose cases based on who the client is and whether I
  want to work on that sort of case or not.  The joys of being
  retired from 40 years of the full-time rat-race (mostly Federal
  service).

  Prospective clients find out up front that I do not use or read
  MS products such as Word or Excel nor do I accept HTML mail.
  Text mail and text or WordPerfect documents are my style.

  If this is a burden to them, they are free to take their
  business to some competitors out there who will give them less
  quality work for a lot more money.

  On another serious note, when I put a HTML filter into my
  PMMail/2 accounts, I found that my SPAM virtually disappeared
  (I have a message counter that assures me that they did come
  in and were trashed before being passed to the inbox).

  That in itself says a whole lot on the HTML versus No-HTML
  controversy.

  My two cents worth....

---
   Phil Kane                               /"\
                                           \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
   From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest    X       HELP CURE HTML MAIL
   Beaverton (Washington County)  Oregon   / \