[pmmail-list] OS/2 2.20.2382 Problem

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 21 May 2003 08:32:59 +0200 (MES)

   Thank you for all the feedback. It helps me to improve the
documentation and the program itself.

On Wed, 21 May 2003 00:28:12 -0400 (EDT), Stan Sidlov wrote:

> On Tue, 20 May 2003 23:52:48 -0400 (EDT), Stan Sidlov wrote:
>
> >How do you know if it installed correctly? What is the name of the
Filter?

   That is explained at the top of the installation CMD file:

-------
The name of the filter will be formed out of the directory name of that
account and the string "_Blacklist".
---------------

> Also,  I don't see it as a REXX command to receive email.....

   I guess you found out in the mean time that it is not a REXX script
being started by a filter, but that it is used as a PROGRAM tag by a
filter.

> [Sigh} The directory I unpacked the zip download was too long for your
rexx script and two directories down so it tried to copy it from
> \download\blacklist  to \southsde\pmmail\download\util

   Mh. The install script BL_INSTALL.CMD should work from any directory,
i.e. it shouldn't matter where you execute it, it should copy the actual
work script CK_Blacklist.cmd to a directory named UTIL within the same
directory where the PMMAIL and TOOLS directory reside.

   It might have problems when one of the directories has spaces in its
name, since it gives the fully qualified file name unquoted to the COPY
command. I should change that, probably.

>  and I couldn't see the new Filters until I open and closed the PMMail
App. By then I had 6
> in each of my 14 email accounts......

   The install script SAYs at the end:
"Done. Created Blacklist Filter in "||AccountDirs.0||" accounts."

   But sure, PMMail doesn't see it until it reads the filters list anew,
and this happens only on startup. So, my install script should tell the
user this, or even ask for the permission to terminate PMMail if it is
running. But for this to happen, it would need to use a special DLL,
which would have to be included in the distribution...

> I hope that you don't mind that I changed the filter

   Do what you want with it... the install script should be changed to
ask the user if the filters should be installed as active or inactive.

> to just move the message to the TRASH folder rather than
> deleting it.

   This amounts to the same. I prefer to move it to a SPAM folder.

Yours,
Lüko Willms