[pmmail-list] forwarding spam and getting rid of the items in the sent mail folder

Stan Sidlov pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 04 Nov 2003 20:28:42 -0500 (EST)

like a number of people, I've been forwarding my undetected spam to the vendor for my spam detection
software and my ISP who maintains a spam filter. Lately, I send out more spam than real email.

The sent spam was just sitting in my 'sent mail' folder. Now, I put in a filter to post-process the
sent email and it it has the vendor's email address or the ISP's junk forwarding address, it drops it
into the delete folder rather than the sent mail one.

Now at least, I don't have to go through the messages manually to delete the forwarded junk from my
system.