[pmmail-list] Help: smart quotes!

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:27:55 -0800

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:48:49 -0600, Dave wrote:

>I pressed some key while composing a message, and now I get those
>dang slanted quote marks.  Word calls them smart quotes... See!
>There they are!  Argh!

Ah, finally I can send an e-mail that will be saved in your permanent
archive!

The smart-quote toggle for the standard rich text control is Ctrl-Shift-'
.  That is, "control shift apostrophe".  It is a toggle: press it once to
turn it on, press it again to turn it off.

>How do I turn them off again?  It seems to effect only PMMail?  If I
>want to compose a message without them, I have to use the external
>editor. :-(

It will affect any program that uses the Windows rich text edit control.
I kind of like them, actually.
--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.