[pmmail-list] Manual Filter to Delete old E-mail

Kenn Yuill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 00:53:14 -0500 (EST)

Hello James,
pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com. I wrote:
On 2003-11-19 at 21:42:45, James Moe stated:

> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:33:31 -0500 (EST), Kenn Yuill wrote:
>

> >Has anyone devised or discovered a method of deleting week-old or
> >month-old e-mail using a /maintenance-free/ manual filter?
> >
>   I devised the following script to do a similar job, that of deleting files over a
> certain age (in days) and keeping the quantity below a limit. For you only the aging
> part is of interest.
>   The day calculation is simple-minded. It does not account for leap years or other
> long term effects.
>   Change the directory name(s) to suit your needs. Maybe add another sysfiletree() and
> do-loop to get a list of directories to clean out.
  [Edited]...

> jimoe at sohnen-moe dot com

Thanks very much, Jim [or did I read Moe somewhere?].
My skills in REXX are rudimentary at best, but you contribution will
spurn me to buy a good reference and learn the basics.

Ciao,
      Kenn
  Always act as if life is a joyous journey. - Kenn Yuill
   Warp 4/FP15 Java 1.18 PMMail/2 2.2 Demo. gLinks 2.1
    Posted from The Beautiful Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada
               - A Thought for Today -
 "When the cat's away, the mice he sleep!".
   - Ernest Legault, Brownsburg, QC, CA