[pmmail-list] [mkc] Bulletted text in HTML

Mike Kilroy pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 05 Oct 2003 09:05:07 -0400

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_1287112=_=_=_

yep, a quirk.  I have decided it is much better to not send bullets as they actually come out as GREEK characters.  It appears that
they come out ok at the other end, but cc's in pmmail are greeek.  You can correct them in a preview window for resending or
something by highlighting the bulletted area and changing the font back to arial or whatever - then it shows up ok again.  best to
just not use bullets in pmmail in my opinion.  Also best not to use tabs as they act wierd at the rcving end also depending on font
you use and the rcvr uses I think.

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 18:46:07 +0100, Xav wrote:

>Please excuse me if this has been asked/discussed before, bu I do not
>use HTML.  However, a relative does and in PMMail98 apparently could
>send bulletted text ok.   When trying it in Windows 2000 and when I try
>it in XP, it displays fine when typing
>e.g.
>aaaaaaaaa
>bbbbbbbb
>ccccccccc
>dddddddddddd
>eeeeeeeeeeee

>after the bullets, but then the output that is sent looks weird, the
>d's look like tadpoloes swimming down.

>Any idea as to the cure please ?

>On another topic, where do you set the default font?

>Regards,

>Xav.
>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
>To POST to the list, send your message to:
>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>with the first line of the message body being...

Mike, AC8V

              \\|//
           (  o . o  )
-----o00o------(_)------o00o-----

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_1287112=_=_=_

<HTML>

<FONT FACE="Courier New" DEFAULT="FACE"><FONT SIZE="2" POINTSIZE="10" DEFAULT="SIZE">yep, a quirk.  I have decided it is much better to not send bullets as they actually come out as GREEK characters.  It appears that they come out ok at the other end, but cc's in pmmail are greeek.  You can correct them in a preview window for resending or something by highlighting the bulletted area and changing the font back to arial or whatever - then it shows up ok again.  best to just not use bullets in pmmail in my opinion.  Also best not to use tabs as they act wierd at the rcving end also depending on font you use and the rcvr uses I think.<BR>

<BR>

<BR>

<BR>

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 18:46:07 +0100, Xav wrote:<BR>

<BR>

&gt;Please excuse me if this has been asked/discussed before, bu I do not<BR>

&gt;use HTML.  However, a relative does and in PMMail98 apparently could<BR>

&gt;send bulletted text ok.   When trying it in Windows 2000 and when I try<BR>

&gt;it in XP, it displays fine when typing <BR>

&gt;e.g.<BR>

&gt;aaaaaaaaa<BR>

&gt;bbbbbbbb<BR>

&gt;ccccccccc<BR>

&gt;dddddddddddd<BR>

&gt;eeeeeeeeeeee<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;after the bullets, but then the output that is sent looks weird, the<BR>

&gt;d's look like tadpoloes swimming down.<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;Any idea as to the cure please ?<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;On another topic, where do you set the default font?<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;Regards,<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;Xav.<BR>

&gt;- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------<BR>

&gt;To POST to the list, send your message to:<BR>

&gt;<FONT COLOR=0000ff><U>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"></U><BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;with the first line of the message body being...<BR>

&gt;---------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>

&gt;<BR>

<BR>

</HTML>

<HTML>
<LEFT>
<FONT FACE="Courier New" COLOR="#000001" SIZE="2" POINTSIZE="10" DEFAULT="ALL">
Mike,&nbsp;AC8V<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;\\|//<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(&nbsp;&nbsp;o&nbsp;.&nbsp;o&nbsp;&nbsp;)<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</HTML>

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_1287112=_=_=_--