[pmmail-list] Enhancement request

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 06 Oct 2003 13:45:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 12:47:31 -0400, Ralph Cohen wrote:

>On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 12:08:29 -0400, John Swartzentruber wrote:
>
>>I'm confused. When I right click on a folder and chose "Search
>>Messages", the "Look in" field is the folder I clicked on, which is
>>also the highlighted folder when I click on it. I see you are running
>>2711 under Win98, and I'm running 2717 under Win2K, so that might be a
>>difference. Or am I not understanding?
>>
>>CTRL+F or Tools/Search Messages, on the other hand seems to default to
>>the folder that you searched last (rather than the current folder),
>>which to me seems wrong.
>

>Hi John,
>
>That's exactly the way it works on my Win2k system which I agree is a
>bug that need fixing.  Search or Find should default to the active
>folder.
>
>Ralph

BUT, if you want to Search/Find across the whole account, how do you
propose for that to happen?

Do you really want Ctrl-F to always pick the current folder?   Because,
then you will have to scroll from where ever you are to the top of the
account if that is what you want to search?

What is wrong with the menu on the current folder?

Not really sure there is a 'bug' but, rather, working as designed.  You
just do not like the design.

Carl