[pmmail-list] No Message Body Pane on Outgoing Messages

Dean Boulding pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:58:53 +0700

A while ago I had a problem with new accounts, whereby trying to send mail from
any account I created would open a window with no object where the body normally
goes.  This was true for new messages, replies and forwarded messages.  Alt-X to
notepad showed that the text was there, I just couldn't edit it in the PMMail
window.  I just gave up, as I didn't need the new accounts for anything
worthwhile.

Now, of course, I do need to use a new account and the same thing is happening,
but getting worse.  I have upgraded to the build 2717, converted the FS to NTFS
and reset all the file permissions throughout the PMMail directory structure to
"Full Control" for "Everyone."

The new account cannot send mail except by using Alt-X.  Worse, the problem is
slowly spreading, like some terrible disease out of a science fiction movie, to
my other accounts.  From my main work account, I can compose new messages and
reply, but if I try to forward, again the place for the message body is the same
dull grey as the rest of the window background.  Even stranger, the compose
window also features the HTML formatting toolbar, although all my accounts are
set not to use HTML as the default.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?  All the file permissions are
okay, so the problem doesn't seem to be there.  I have tried now with two
versions of PMMail, two file systems and every permutation I can think of.  This
computer is running Windows 2000 Professional and PMMail Standard.

TIA for any help.

Dean