[pmmail-list] Activity on PMMail List?

Kenn Yuill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:03:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Maynard,

I ran this demo. back in 2001 and it worked very well, but I discovered
the Polarbar Mailer with its built-in tagline feature and was quite
pleased after I switched to it.  Unfortunately, after some upgrading by
the developers, its memory requirements jumped from 60 MB to around 90
MB, which was too much for this old Pentium box.  For some reason,
Warp4 FP15  would freeze in low memory conditions, so it became
intolerable.

I am glad to hear that Peter has more time to possibly devote some of
it to PMMail/2.  Thanks for the reminder on PMView, I will upgrade it
to the latest version, although I don't use it very much.

Ciao,
      Kenn
The Original E-mail below, sent by Maynard Riley on Fri, 24 Oct 2003
06:11:38 -0500 (CDT) to pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com, stated:

It really is a very good program, and without peer in many
areas even today I expect.

There is a non-zero possibility that Peter Nielsen will continue
development now that his latest PMView is released and looking stable.
It's just not fair to promise that to anybody, including our selves.

  Always act as if life is a joyous journey. - Kenn Yuill
   Warp 4/FP15 Java 1.18 PMMail/2 2.1 Demo. Navigator 4.61
    Sent from The Beautiful Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada
               - A Thought for Today -
Psychoceramics: The study of crackpots.
 - found in a tagline of Mike Coane