[pmmail-list] Major surprise - blank messages

Dean Boulding pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 08 Sep 2003 10:51:40 +0700

Along the lines of an uninstall, I am unhappy with a few bugs appearing in build
2661 under Win2k.  Does anyone know what is involved in going back to a more
stable build (2502 worked well for me, and still does so at home under XP)?  Can
I do a simple uninstall/install or do I need to manually move directories and
rebuild?  This is less than satisfying for the manual editing required to rebuild
filters, etc.

TIA,

Dean

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 17:46:46 -0400, Phil Morgan wrote:

>Since this morning, I was able to find the problem (as Steve Eickhoff
>suggested here)  in the absence of any Temp directory under the PMMail
>directory.  Sorry to hear that your "odyssey" was so much more time
>consuming and frustrating.  Sounds like your problem was different (and
>far worse) from mine.  If the temp directory hadn't done it, I would've
>been headed down the "uninstall" road you took ....
>
>Thanks for the information, tho'
>
> - - Phil

>>I had similar problems with version 2717 on windows NT 4.0
>>
>>Re-install did not work (twice).  Running the application from another machine
did not work.

>>RegClean (for windows) did not work either.
>>
>>I used the External eternal editor for some time (notepad), but even that
started failing.

>>Insert #$(*&#$*&  here !
>>
>>So I copied the entire PMMAIL directory and did 3 backups (just so murphys law
didn't catch up with me.)

>>I manually moved all my email accounts to another directory out of the path.
>>
>>Un-installed PMMAIL.
>>
>>Re-installed PMMAIL (and unlock code).
>>
>>Manually moved the accounts back under PMMAIL directory, and whaaa-la !!!
Works again.

>>I suspect the PMMAIL.INI file got corrupted, because if I move the original
.INI file back into the PMMAIL directory.    No Workie Again.

>>Good Luck.
>>
>>Oh .... and I email "support" for help in getting my Unlock code back.   Still
haven't heard from them.   Bad Service.