[pmmail-list] Help with filter creation

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 08 Sep 2003 03:28:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 10:07:05 +1000, Rod.. Whitworth wrote:

>I can never understand people who get heaps of spam delivered but never
>see it (due to whatever filter) being happy just because they escape
>the annoyance whilst the bandwidth just keeps being eaten.
>/R/

Actually, I am not 'happy' about the bandwidth, I'm just not equipped
to deal with it.  But, my two ISPs [attglobal.net and fuse.net] do
provide such filters.  Fact is, I have no idea what they do other than
blocking their transmission to MY InBox.  I do know that, at one time,
fuse.net was blocking messages from certain sites because they were
known open relay sites. Whether they still are, or have come to some
agreement with those sites is not known to me.

I just know that, I never respond to junk that I do receive.  If a
messages comes through attglobal.net, they have a special ID to forward
messages that their filter does not catch.  Again, somehow, they are
using these forwarded messages to make their filter 'smarter.'