[pmmail-list] Filtering with POPFile

Dave pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 08 Sep 2003 10:41:49 -0500

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 11:23:33 -0400, John Swartzentruber wrote:

>But is this sufficient? What if they aren't using Outlook, but are in
>the address book of someone who is? Couldn't they be spoofed as the
>sender and still be processed as a magnet?

Another good point that I thought of AFTER pressing send.  My
account is being over run by sobig.F.  In fact, I alledgedly sent
myself the virus!  It seems that anyone's address can be
potentially spoofed by the virus.

Probably the safest thing is to not use magnets.  However, I am
well accustomed to recognizing the sobig.F virus (I have received
60+ of them so far today in one account alone) that I feel like
the risk of infection is small compared to the benefit.  Plus, I
am protected by a virus detector as well.

Oops. While I was composing this reply, I received 4 more virus
mails. :(  I am not a slow typist either!

Dave