[pmmail-list] Filtering with POPFile

Steve Ewing pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 08 Sep 2003 17:24:32 -0400

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 17:09:57 -0400, John Swartzentruber wrote:

>I'm not sure what this would do in this situation. Even if the sender
>is an Outlook user, the viruses I've seen don't add the X-Mailer line.

Personally, I use POPFile to make just two categories, spam and
not-spam, and let PMMail do the rest of my filtering and sorting.
Then again, I had the PMMail filters set up before I started using
POPFile.

The only magnets I use are for my wife's ads (from JCPenney's, Kraft
Foods, and the like) that she *wants* to get but that would otherwise
look like spam.

My accuracy was up around 99% before I started trying to filter the
admin bounces from my newsgroups-- just like Rod (various OpenBSD
groups).  The virus is not the issue, it's the d*mned auto-responders
sending rejects to the mailing list.  Took a bit of "training" to get
it to flag just the bounces.

--
Steve<steve@qmss.com>
http://www.qmss.com/~sewing