[pmmail-list] Incorrect reply address

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:45:02 -0700

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:42:56 +0200, xavier caballe wrote:

>I just received a message sent by:
>
>>From: Xavier Borr=?ISO-8859-1?B?4A==?=s <xxxxxxxx@mac.com>
>
>When I hit the reply button on PMMail, the To: field on the new message
>is only
>
>"Xavier Borr…
>
>so it seems that PMMail doesn't like the original From: line on the

It's a bug, of course.  This EXACT example does the same thing for me, so I
hereby apologize to those folks whom I scoffed at when they reported this last
week.

The quoted-printable escape (=?xxx?Q?...?=) works fine, but the base64 escape
(=?xxx?B?...?=) does not.  And now that we've done the analysis for them, this
bug should be pretty easy to find.

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.