[pmmail-list] PMMailW install fails (was downloaded PMMailW corrupted)

Hazen Woods pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 02:10:38 -0500

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:33:52 +0200 (MDT), Simon Wright wrote:

>>>Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 01:33:02 -0500
>>>From: "Hazen Woods" <ehw@io.com>
>>
>>>download was corrupted, however, during the opening of the file an error window
>>>opened which was
>>>labeled "16 bit Windows Subsystem"  The message inside reads "t. An installable
>>>Virtual Device Driver
>>
>><snipped>
>>
>>I guess you're trying to install the Windows version Hazen. I've had this same error a
>>couple of times on W2k; no idea what the problem is, but the fix (for me) was to extract
>>the files from the archive with WinZip and then run the install from a temp directory by
>>running setup.exe or install.exe or whatever the file was called.
>>
>>HTH.

I didn't think of that.  However, I think in my reading I saw a comment whether fact or supposition that
the Windows installer is 16bit, so if the Virtual Device Driver for that is corrupt the installer fails.  In my
case VDD key in the Registry was corrupt and when I fixed that I was able to install without a problem.

Later,

Hazen Woods
Austin, TX USA
eCS and Win2k Pro