[pmmail-list] Filter out HTML

John Swartzentruber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:32:02 -0400

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:50:03 -0500, Larry Alkoff wrote:

>Tried filtering on
>but this did not cover most of the html.
>
>Also found some offending mail as
>
>Should I use a multipart filter for both?
>Are there any other types to filter out?
>
>Maybe I should simply simply filter all that are
>not Content-Type: plain text?
>
>Comments?

This seems to assume that spam is well formed and valid, which is
usually not the case. As someone else pointed out, you would be more
likely to filter our valid attachments than spam. I haven't tried it,
but looking for <HTML> is probably going to work as well as anything
you have suggested. My suggestion would be that you take a different
approach and use POPFile, SpamAssassin, or something like that.