[pmmail-list] did anybody else receive this?

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:27:02 -0700

Hi all, I opened my inbox after starting my computer this afternoon,
and got a message with an attachment, but it said microsoft critical
update, with nothing in the preview pane, or the read only window, so,
I looked at the attachment, and there were two of them, one being
unnamed attachment.utt, and the other was patch2885.exe
and not taking a chance, I didn't run the attachment, but I also got a
message from internet delivery, or something like that, and the address
that I got from both messages was
steve32882@adelphia.net>
so, I ran the scan with norton anti-virus option from the context menu,
and it came back with no virus's, but was wondering what this
patch2885.exe is, and why it was sent without any explanation as to
what it is, and who to report it to if this is a virus?  I've never
known microsoft to send critical updates to individuals before, and
this one worries me.  I'm using windows 98 se, and pm mail version 2717
if any of this helps, and thanks in advance.
Marty