[pmmail-list] Feature Request

Dr. Jeffrey Race pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:00:54 +0700

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:14:58 -0700, Tim Roberts wrote:
>The next time there is an update to PMMail, I would like to see a "save all
>attachments to..." option in the message reader.  I sometimes get messages with
>many attachments, from people who aren't familiar with zip, and it's a pain to
>do them one at a time.

This is an excellent idea but if the coders are listening, don't forget:
you must provide an option to change, on an attachment-by-attachment basis,
the name of each attachment before saving.  Sometimes it is necessary to
change a file name, sometimes it is convenient, and also sometimes files
are sent as attachments with Long File Names which can't be saved at all
on 8.3 systems (unless changed at save time).

Jeffrey Race