[pmmail-list] Message filename?

Dave pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 07:45:10 -0500

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:22:59 -0400, Allan McLane wrote:

>Is there a way, from within PMMail, to determine the filename
that any particular message has been assigned?

>Occasionally I need to know and I always have to go through the
actual file directory and use a text-file viewer to ID the message
in question.

>Not a big problem but...
>
>TIA
>
>--allan

I use a manual filter.  I have a program in my Windoze Send-To
folder, called SendToClipboardAsName.exe.  It was part of the
"send to toys" for Win2000.  In my filter, I use an User Hook
(background) to run this program:

C:\Program Files\Send To Toys\SendToClipboardAsName.exe

This puts the filename in the clipboard, and I can paste it into
explorer.  Unfortunately, because of where I stuck PMMail (in a
folder in My Documents), it doesn't work because of the ampersand,
so I have to edit it.  But knowing the filename is a snap.

FWIW, your email is:

C:\Documents  Settings\david.hathaway\My Documents\Personal
\Program Files\SouthSoft\PMMail 98\TOSN_0.ACT\INBOX.FLD\PMMai0.FLD
\HLO2W90.MSG

Note the lack of ampersand in Documents & Settings.  If PMMail
were in Program Files, it would work.  But knowing the account
folder and file name is very useful nonetheless.

Dave