[pmmail-list] Spam Filtering - HOW?

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:43:58 -0400

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:12:24 +1000 (AEST), John Angelico wrote:

>By the sound of it Ralph, you don't use any external utility like JunkSpy?
>
>I use JunkSpy on multiple incoming mail accounts, plus Weasel plus some
>PMMail filtering via Rexx exits.

Hi John,

You're right, I don't use any external utility for filtering out
junkmail. When I started using PMMail 5 years ago, there wasn't very
much junk mail and I mostly used PMMail filters as a way to organize
incoming mail.  When junkmail became more prevalent, I found it very
easy to continue filtering desirable incoming mail into folders and let
everything else end up in a Junk folder where it could be checked
before trashing.  I've got about 20 incoming filters - both simple and
complex - and they do an excellent job filtering out the junkmail.
Instead of trying to block email like JunkSpy and similar products, I
try make sure the mail I want is directed to an appropriate folder.

Ralph