[pmmail-list] Problem with truncated URLs

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:32:51 -0700

Hi, Andrew, both the urls look fine from here, however, lists on
smartgroups, and maybe some yahoo groups lists may insert underlines in
the urls making them ineffective, I saw this with one such list on
smartgroups, and they wouldn't fix it for a long time.
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:16:05 -0400, Andrew Webber wrote:

>I've had this problem for a long time, I may have asked about it
>years ago but honestly don't remember.
>
>I'll mail a URL to people and the first few characters get deleted.
> I don't just mean broken onto two lines but actually missing.  If
>I put a few returns in front it fixes it.  Here's an example, this
>URL starts its own line and is correct when I type it (sorry if the
>language is considered offensive).
>www.microsoft.com
>and this one has two blank lines before and after it
>

>www.microsoft.com
>

>Of course it's possible this won't look wrong when I post it. :(
>
>Assuming the first one is wrong, is this a known problem?
>
>Thanks!
>

>andrew [awebber@wwwebbers.com]
>ph 613-797-8123
>fx 831-300-4097
>------
>For PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject
>

>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
>To POST to the list, send your message to:
>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>with the first line of the message body being...

Marty