[pmmail-list] Mailproxy for filtering spam?

Per Jessen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 03 Dec 2004 09:22:00 +0100

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 09:05:46 +0100, Sorin Srbu wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Didn't somebody on this list mention a kind of mailproxy for
>filtering spam, running on individual workstations? I think it was
>free too.
>Building and keeping the built-in filtering system in my mailer is
>a never-ending story, so I was figuring that maybe a mailproxy
>would help. I recall that some of them are able to connect to
>blacklist servers to update the blacklists etc.

Spamassassin is one of many options. CRM114 is a very effective bayes-
style (i.e. adaptive/learning) filter.  Maintaining either one is a
never-ending story, although a *lot* less effort than doing it all yourself.

<shameless plug>
if you know who to talk to at Uppsala Uni, have a look at www.spamchek.com -
we do spam and virus filtering.  Or just talk to the admin at orgfarm.uu.se -
we can have a trial setup in a matter of hours.
</shameless plug>

--
regards,
Per Jessen, Zurich