[pmmail-list] when will pmmail support IDNs ?

Per Jessen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 18:21:37 +0100

On 11 Feb 2004 09:28:11 -0600, Marc Lewis wrote:

> PJ> Those are "Internationalized Domain Names", not just
> PJ> international domain names. They are names that allow you to use
> PJ> 8bit characters, such as E4F6FC and many more.
>
>Hmmmm.  That doesn't look like 8bit to me.  More like hex. (?)

Well, obviously those got manhandled somewhere along the route - if you
lost the information that the charset used was ISO-8859-1, well ....
In any case, decode those hex bytes above, and you'll see that are in
fact 8bit numbers.

/Per