[pmmail-list] Leaving PMMail for Thunderbird

John Swartzentruber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 03 Jan 2004 19:34:09 -0500

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 18:32:33 -0500, Andrew Pitonyak wrote:

>Tim,
>
>I don't suppose that you would mind sharing a copy of your Python scripts?

I'm working on a Q&D windows command line utility that will convert the
message files (based on my observations, not from reading any
documentation). I thought I had it working, but then I realized that
the mbox files were inside the subfolders instead of the parents. When
I get something that appears to work, I'll let people know. It will be
a Windows exe, so that will probably keep some people from being
interested. I'll also release the source code, but it uses a few
internal company libraries that I can't release, so it wouldn't be
directly compilable.

Does anyone know if Thunderbird cares about the format of the "From "
line that separates messages? It doesn't appear that it makes any
difference (and by default seems to use "-" as the sender. I'm guessing
it just looks at the "From " part and ignores the rest.