[pmmail-list] Leaving PMMail for Thunderbird

Leon D. Zetekoff, NCE pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 08 Jan 2004 23:53:05 -0500

John Swartzentruber wrote:

> Leon D. Zetekoff, NCE wrote:
>
>> How'd you convert them over? What is this Python you are talking
>> about? Another thing I'd like to see with Thunderbird is if I swipe
>> an area in the message and then click on REPLY that it just quote
>> what I swiped....
>

> Yes, you're right. I am just starting to use Thunderbird for replying
> and that is very annoying. I suppose it won't be long until I try to
> build it myself so I can fix these problems.

I like the Junk Mail feature so far....the other thing I don't like (and
mozilla is famous for this too) is that it puts files on the C: by
default even if the program isn't there. In XP here it's sticking the
stuff into one of the administrator profile directories. I'd prefer if
there was an option. Everytime I create a new account I have to manually
move things and fix it.

> I converted them using a C++ program I wrote. It is Q&D and has no
> guarantees. You just give it your PMMail directory and a destination
> directory. It creates mailboxes and folders using the PMMail names.
> You can then copy these to the Thunderbird "Local Files", or if you
> are using POP you can copy then directly to that location.

Right now I'm using Tbird on XP; I'm assuning your code is for os2? I
looked in my directory tree and don't see a "Local Files". I'm also
using POP so where would that be?

> I put the program on my webserver. I have a fairly slow connection, so
> if it gets bogged down, I might remove it. I promise that the program
> worked for me and that I don't have anything malicious in it. I
> include the source except for one function that I borrowed from my
> work code.

I got it and it was small enough....please let me know if this works
under Windoze as well and I can give it a try.

Thanks Leon