[pmmail-list] ASMTP Sends

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:00:59 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:11:07 -0500 (EST), Bruce Francis wrote:

>On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:57:18 -0500 (EST), Carl Gehr wrote:
>
>>>Correct (and also check the "Server requires authentication" box that's below the port number).
>>I do not seem to have such a box in the SMTP section on the SEND tab.
>>Where might I find it?
>
>In a more-current version than what you're running.
>
>You're running:
>
>In the 2.20.2382 that I'm running here, I have the following on
>the "Send" tab (that are pertinent):
>
>SMTP
>  SMTP Server:
>  Port
>  () Server requires authentication
>
>POP
>  POP Server
>  Port
>  Authenticate using:  ()Passowrds  ()APOP  ()RPA
>
>Authentication information
>  User ID:
>  Password:

Thanks, Bruce.

You are correct, I am on an earlier level.  I have the same click boxes
for the POP Server, but not for the SMTP.

I had not upgraded to a later level because what I had was working with
no problems at all.  [If it ain't broke, don't fix it... philosophy.]

Have you had any issues with 2382?  For that matter, has *anyone* out
there had problems with 2382?  If yes, what kinds?  I really do not
have time to fight extra fires.  [I create enough heat on my own,
without help. ;-) ...]

Thanks, again.
Carl