[pmmail-list] [technical_software] Manual Filters

John Swartzentruber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:05:51 -0500

Harry Staruk wrote:

> Ralph Cohen wrote:
>
>> One feature of PMMail that I haven't seen in other email clients is the
>> manual filter option that's available in addition to the incoming and
>> outgoing filters.  I use manual filters all the time and I wonder if
>> any of the other Win32 email clients people have looked at have this
>> feature.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ralph Cohen
>>

> Thunderbird has manual "Run filters on folder" to run ALL filters
> against a selected folder. From within Message Filters, you can select
> one filter and run it against the Inbox.

But currently Thunderbird's filters are disappointing compared to
PMMail's. You can't forward or bounce a message. You can't play a sound.
There are feature requests for these items, but some have been around
for a couple years. Eventually I would hope to do it myself if no one
else does, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a couple years.