[pmmail-list] Two versions on same HD?

James M Moe pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:45:38 -0700

Dr. Jeffrey Race wrote:
> Now I am running PMMail 1.96 for OS/2 and would like to test-drive
> the latest OS/2 version.  Can I load it on the same HD in a
> different partition, so the executables reside on different
> partitions but point to the same mail folders?    I want to
> run them side by side to compare and may not use the latest
> version if it proves troublesome.  (I need SSL but don't want
> html crud).

   Yes, you put the other version in a separate folder.
   V2.x and v1.96 have different mail file formats. Copy the current
mail folder into the new one and run the conversion utility.
   Set up the account(s) to download mail but leave the messages on the
server. This way you can maintain the older version as the "primary"
mail client while testing the new one.
   The only choice PMMail offers for secure transfers is PGP, and for a
rather dated version at that. No SSL at all.

--
jimoe at sohnen-moe dot com