[pmmail-list] Firefox and PMMail

John Angelico pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 23:57:44 +1000 (AEST)

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:01:34 -0400, lists@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
wrote:

>Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:01:48 +1000 (AEST)
>From: "John Angelico" <talldad@kepl.com.au>
>Subject: Re: [pmmail-list] Firefox and PMMail

<<Encore une fois!>> I think my schoolboy French is a bit rusty...

>In PMMail Settings I have
>Default Web Browser: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe [well, my
>equivalent]
>Arguments: %s
>Type: OS/2 PM
>
>When I RMB a link and choose "Explore URL" it invokes a separate copy of
>Firefox only because I haven't figured out how to get PMMail to recognise the
>running copy and drop it into a new tab. The Settings section "Use DDE" seems
>to be ignored, or that bit of code seems to not find Firefox.

Have now explored this aspect better.

In Firefox Online Help Tips & Tricks
http://texturizer.net/firefox/tips.html#beh_reuse
is a section on Browser Behaviour headed "Open external links in new
windows or tabs"

Follow carefully and precisely the instructions therein and you will
enjoy
a) powerful Tabbrowser Extensions now recompiled for 0.91
[ I LOOOVED these in 0.8 and I am glad they are available once again]
b) snappy ability to throw a URL from PMMail to Firefox and have it
open in a new Tab instead of a new instance

Enjoy!!

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 Zealot