[pmmail-list] good spam filter to use with PMMail

Stanley Sidlov pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:10:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:06:24 +0100, Jason wrote:

>>GOSH, that was my next question!  With approx. 3000 spams a day, I NEED a good filter
>>
>>Guess we can still use POPfile with it, no?
>

>I use K9 from http://keir.net with PMMail 2000 - AMAZING and FREE too. :)

I would suggest Junkspy from Junkspy.com   It's commercial ware,  a former PC Mag Editor's Choice and in version
3, but it doesn't rely on the Baysnesan filtering which is being ruined by the random word spams which are causing
more false ids on real email.   Rather it errs on not doing as many false IDs, which you are requested to
forward/bounce to them. They routinely send out updates, and you can add a global exception based on any
number of items in the header.  It also accesses the three major spam blacklists to check the email.

It's also multithreaded and good on the Windows,  and OS/2 platforms.