[pmmail-list] [mkc] thunderbird?

John Bridges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:32:41 -0700

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 07:02:34 -0400, Mike Kilroy wrote:

>GOSH, that was my next question!  With approx. 3000 spams a day, I NEED a good filter
>
>Guess we can still use POPfile with it, no?

I get around 19,000 spam messages a day on average, and that number keeps
growing (yes that's NINETEEN THOUSAND, to one mailbox)

I use SpamAssassin 3.0.0 (beta, although perfectly stable).

I created a whitelist out of all my past PMMail messages (just searched for
the From: and To: lines, and cleaned up the results). So it's impossible for
me to get a false positive for any message sent by someone I've ever emailed
before.

I'm pretty happy with the results.  I might get between 3 and 6 SPAM messages
each day (that make it through). Most are easy to see since they use random
names, and are often duplicates.

No matter what anti-SPAM software you use, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND CREATING A
WHITELIST FROM PAST EMAIL!