[pmmail-list] PmMail hanging

James Moe pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:55:04 -0700

Dave Saville wrote:
> In the past PMMail has often hung on me with "getting message n of m"
> at the bottom. Stopping and restarting PMM a) always gets past it and
> b) m has increased somewhat during the hang. I put this down to my
> ISP doing *something*.

   It is one of the defects of PMMail when doing simultaneous multiple
account downloads.
   The way I solved this is to stagger when accounts are accessed. The
most important account is downloaded when PMMail opens. The rest have
different "Check for Mail Every XXX Seconds" to prevent simultaneous access.

> Ye gods how long does it take to stuff a few files of C onto
> Sourceforge?

   Grass grows on the North Pole faster.

--
jimoe at sohnen-moe dot com