[pmmail-list] PMMail/2 and Norman Virus Control

pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
15 Mar 2004 20:03:16 -0000

I realize this is a side point to the discussion, but one reason to do
on-access scanning is the possibility of a new virus getting past one
version, but being trapped by the next.  If you are an early target of a
virus, it is possible you got the virus before a signature update.
Scanning on access helps catch the viruses you already have.

I have so many spare MIPS I can spare one or two to feel safe(r).  And
this laptop is not even fast.

Dave