[pmmail-list] pm mail and Norton 2004

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:23:25 -0800

Hi, I did as they instructed, removing the previous Norton anti-virus,
and also livereg, and live update as they suggested, and it even does
this when Norton anti-virus is disabled as far as email scanning, but
when it is disabled, instead of the errors being put in the pm mail
error log, they are reported as error 10061 errors, which means that pm
mail could not connect to the server.  When Norton email scanning is
enabled, for incoming email, it gives error check error log messages,
when in fact, it is not pm mail, but Norton doing this, and on this 98
se system, I don't know why my installation of norton would be messed
up, though plenty of things can go wrong with an installation, but I
suspect if that were the case, many people would be having the same or
varrying problems relating to 2004 that would warrant symantec's
immediate attention.