[pmmail-list] pm mail and Norton 2004

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:58:49 -0800

Ding-A-Ling wrote:

>Wednesday March 24 2004 09:34, Sorin Srbu wrote to All:
>

> >> error log, they are reported as error 10061 errors, which means
> > that
> >> pm mail could not connect to the server.
>
> SS> The 10061 error is common for all mailers - it's a mail server
> SS> problem. For us at the uni, this error code is common in the
>
>Do we ever have concepts mixed up! Mailers, mail clients and mail
>servers are all different animals, and also have their
>individual/unique error codes.

In this case, it is "none of the above".  10061 is a Winsock socket
error which means "connection refused".  It IS "common for all mailers",
and it is "a mail server problem".  I would say the original description
was fundamentally correct.

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.