[pmmail-list] How can I filter for *missing* header field(s)?

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 13:05:53 -0500 (EST)

I am trying to filter out all of the garbage that arrives with:

* No FROM
* No TO
* No SUBJECT

...fields in the header.

I have tried to select with:

h.From="" &
h.To="" &
h.Subject=""

...but it never matches.

My assumption is that because the field is not there, the filter has
nothing to check.

I also found that, although the header of these garbage messages
contains fields such as:

X-Comments:...

You cannot use:
h.X-Comments=...
to check the contents.  I have only been successful using:

h="X-Comments..."

Anyone have suggestions to minimize the comparisons [in particular the
length of the fields] to get rid of this stuff?

Thanks,
Carl