[pmmail-list] timeout for pop server

Hahn Gerhard pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 30 May 2004 21:57:14 +0200

On Sun, 30 May 2004 08:18:26 -0500, Daniel wrote:

>If you are talking about the "keep alive" function regarding
>routers/servers you can set the mail to be picked up every xxx minutes
>that would trigger this function.

No.
My particular problem was, that I could not receive the messages from
the server, cause I was on vacancy and the mails summed up to about 16
MB, or about 400 messages.
It really doesn't sound very much. My daily volume exceeds this often
several times, but it was enough, that the 'server broke connection',
cause I tried to receive it in one step.
Neither remote control, nor 'normal receive, nor 'Quick interrogation
On/Off' worked.

I then moved a part of the messages in an seperate folder via webmail
and either the support did something additional they didn't tell me
(exceed timeout, this is allwe can tell you),but after a while PMMail
could get the messages from the server.

So I assumed that their seems to be a fixed value for the timeout,
cause if the amount of messages could be handled I received without
problems.

But the subsequent 'Backmoving' is annoying, so I searched for a
comfortable solution.
BTW. Has somebody found this in Mozilla?

baba
gerhard

baba

gerhard