[pmmail-list] PMM2TB: Conversion to Thunderbird

Not Here pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 18:18:20 -0500

Saturday April 16 2005 16:33, Kenn Yuill wrote to All:

 KY> Excuse my confusion, but are you stating that the contents of the
 KY> "Date:" header are incorrect and Tb is inserting the date & time
 KY> that
 KY> the message is received instead of using the date & time that the
 KY> message was sent?

Exactly. It reads the local time when the message arrived, instead of
reading it from the message being replied to.

As a result, if I reply to a message sent from Europe at 23:00, TB's
reply header says ... wrote 18:00 ... The date probably is wrong, too,
since they are ahead of N. America.

This may have serious consequences in time sensitive business
correspondence.

BTW Don't look at the headers on this message. I am not using either
PMMail or TB. ;)

Kari Suomela

   KARICO Business Services
   Toronto, ON Canada