[pmmail-list] PMM2TB: Conversion to Thunderbird

Ronny Hippler pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 00:56:58 -0700

Dean Boulding wrote:

> There were a lot of things, especially about the filtering, that I
> really liked in PMM.  If Blueprint eventually give up, perhaps they will
> release some of this stuff and an adventerous programmer could try to
> rewrite as TBird extensions?  I am sure this is non-trivial (C or C++ to
> XML?).  It would be nice, however.

List of things I miss (just switched)

1.ability to play sound via filter
2.no user hooks
3.replying to a message with text selected still gives full message not
   just selected text
4.PGP is not supported (have to use gnupg)
5.multiple sigs not supported
6.can't specify # days old to keep in trash

this is after a day, I'm sure I'll find more if I stick with it. do like
the extension ability and the fact that it can handle inline images.