[pmmail-list] Interest in New Edition of PMMail

Cristian Secarã pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 02:55:44 +0200

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 19:06:02 -0500, Jeffrey Race wrote:

> I am using it on my daughter's machine; it works fine

No, it don't.
- the address book is sinister.
- there are BIG internatinalization issues:
  - it totally ignores the incoming message's encoding charset
  - lack of UTF-8 encodimg/decoding support
  - lack of ISO-8859-15 and ISO-8859-16 encoding/decoding support
  - a bug - the Subject: is not encoded at all, if extended characters
    are used in the subject field (even for already implemented
    encodings)
  - a bug - the To: name is not encoded at all, if extended characters
    are used in the To: field (even for already implemented encodings)
  - a bug - the extended characters in message body are all messed up,
    if the "No Wrap" option is checked
- lack of secure (TLS/SSL) support
- (not 100% sure) the PGP is not fully compatible with all incoming
  signed messages

Cristi