[pmmail-list] Interest in New Edition of PMMail

John Bridges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 22:51:37 -0800

On 12/21/05, Steve Wendt <stevew@shocking.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, John Bridges wrote:
>
> > I am a bit surprised that it's such an integral part of PMMail/2 that
> > they cannot just disable the feature(s) that depend on the outside
> > code.
>
> I think it's just the registration / licensing stuff.

Ahhh, that makes sense. They still sell PMMail for Windows, and I
think it uses the same license system.

>  I can't imagine it
> would take all that much time to clean it out (a couple hours?).  It stil=
> requires motivation, though.

I wouldn't be suprised if:

1. They don't have the source setup to compile (have to restore a backup).

2. They don't have the tools installed required to build it.

3. They don't know exactly how that code works, or even which modules
will be affected.

4. They may not even have the OS (OS/2) setup to install the tools on!