[pmmail-list] PMM2TB: Conversion to Thunderbird

Rod Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:47:48 +1100

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:44:29 +0000 (GMT), Dave Saville wrote:

>Just a heads up for all you guys rushing to convert to Mozilla/Thunderbird -
>There is *nothing* in Tbird that compares to PMM's filtering.

>--
>Regards

>Dave Saville

And there's nothing in PMMail that compares with the support/price factor of a free and developing product that
has not been abandoned by its acquisitor.

I can tell you a whole bunch of factors that made me sell lots of copies of PMmail/2 and the Win versions. I still
think they are point scorers in an email client but they are sadly trumped by a failure of the present owner of the
product to support a sales effort, to maintain a semblance of support presence, to port the product to the emerging
significant operating systems (try MacOS 10 (or X for thr romans), Linux, *BSD etc)

Why do I lurk here, not saying much? I am interested when BPSW will finally pull the plug and stop taking
money for a product whose only support is a mailing list (automated, no doubt)  and peer support from the die-
hards from years ago.

I really dislike MUAs that don't store messages as discrete files but I am resigned to seeing this one demise
sometime. I didn't want to lose my wife to cancer either but eventually reality sets in.......and we move on.

>From the land "down under": Australia.
Do we look <umop apisdn> from up over?

Rod/